Packing your stuff is only part of the equation when moving from one place to another. There’s also the hassle of searching for a new home, disposing of unwanted stuff, and dealing with the overall logistics of your move. On top of that, you must deal with work, family, and outside issues. This can be exhausting. To help ensure a less stressful transition, it pays to hire a residential moving company.
You need a mover that you can trust with your valued possessions, so the smart move is to hire a reputable Minneapolis moving company. This means finding one that is vetted, licensed, and insured. Companies that check all these boxes typically have trained crews and higher quality equipment and trucks. Cheap Movers Minneapolis assists you in finding a residential moving service you can count on. Contact us today for free moving quotes!
Trusted Home And Apartment Moving Services
Regardless of the size and type of your move, our network of moving specialists can cover your needs. We help to ensure the smoothest experience possible by pairing you with the best moving services in the area.
If you have the budget, choose this option! From start to finish, your Minneapolis mover will do all the packing and unpacking. Relax while your belongings are transported, unloaded, and unboxed for you. A full-service move is the most efficient and easiest way to move.
For in-town and local moves in the Minneapolis metro area, paying by the hour may make more sense than a flat rate move. If you have less demanding moving needs and are on a tight budget, this is a great option.
You could rent a U-Haul and drive it yourself, but you may be pleasantly surprised at how affordable it is to hire a mover. Apartment moves can be tricky, especially when negotiating stairs and hallways with large couches and appliances. Protect your back and sanity by letting a moving company do the hard work.
Minneapolis and St. Paul both offer beautiful condominium buildings that you can call home. While they might be lovely places to live, condos make moving day especially tricky. When moving into or out of a condo, Cheap Movers Minneapolis is just a call away. Our moving partners excel at making a condo move fast and efficient.
The average American house is over 2500 square feet. The typical homeowner has a lot of space, along with a lot of stuff. By knowing all the tips and tricks for relocating a Minneapolis household, one of our moving partners can offer you the team, equipment, and trucks to make your relocation effortless.
Our network of moving professionals can safely and securely pack, wrap, and crate your valued possessions. Using high-quality padded materials and packing boxes, they provide you with that extra layer of protection when your belongings need it.
Whether you’re moving down a few doors or to another street, transporting a piano is difficult work. Fortunately, we can help you find a relocation specialist that will take great care of your prized instrument.
If you decide to go the DIY route by renting a truck, you can still save yourself the hassle of heavy lifting. Let us connect you with a crew to handle that part of your move. These pros will skillfully load and unload your belongings.
A Moving Company Checklist For Moving House
To keep your move on track, here is our residential relocation checklist:
1-3 Months Before Move
- Plan early. If possible, schedule your relocation outside of peak moving season (late spring through summer).
- Survey your home. As you go through each room, take notes on what you want to keep and what can you can toss.
- Throw a yard or garage sale. Give your worn out or unused stuff a second home. Anything you don’t sell can be donated for a tax deduction
- Obtain personal records & submit change of address. Contact doctors, schools, lawyers, dentists, etc. Submit a Change of Address form.
- Comparison shop for a mover. You’ll want to ensure that they are a licensed, insured, and reputable moving service.
- Select a mover. Book your move as soon as possible. Start the packing process by sourcing free boxes from local grocery or liquor stores. It’s also a good idea to purchase additional insurance for fuller coverage.
- Keep inventory list & pack early. Write a list of items that will moved, stored or discarded. You can also begin packing stuff that you won’t need during your move.
Two Weeks Before Move
- Arrange for pets. If you’re beloved companion needs special transport, don’t leave this to the last minute! Also make sure your furry friends are up-to-date on medications and vaccinations by scheduling a final visit to the vet.
- Cancel & set up home insurance. Get a hold of insurer to discontinue current policy and establish one for your new home.
- Order refills. Make sure you have medications and contacts during this hectic time.
- Start and end services. Get a hold of utility providers, subscription/delivery services, etc.
One Week Before Move
- Confirm arrangements. This includes movers, pet/childcare, travel, etc.
- Clean residence. If you’re not able to do so, hire a cleaning service.
- Dispose of hazardous materials. Gasoline, paint, and oil can’t go onto the truck. Drain any power tools and equipment and properly dispose of liquids.
- Save a spot for your mover. If you’re moving out of an apartment, park your vehicle (if possible) in a good spot for your movers to load.
- Pack a box for the first night. Don’t forget bedding, toiletries, pet food, and other items you’ll need when you get to your new place.
One Day Before Move
- Prepare appliances. Unplug, defrost, and disinfect refrigerator. Clean microwave, toaster, etc.
- Pack last-minute items. Make sure you don’t leave anything important behind.
- Label items not to be moved. Make sure it is clear what shouldn’t be loaded on the moving truck.
- Get a good night’s rest. You have a long day ahead of you. Take care of yourself!
- Plan the furniture arrangement. Do this ahead of time. Movers don’t want to move things twice.
- Label rooms. Color code and mark rooms to speed up the unloading process.
- Be on hand. Make sure to be available to answer any questions or provide directions.
- Enjoy your new place. You’re finally in! Time to write a new chapter.